[linux-audio-user] Looking for MIDI control interface.

Moeflon moeflon at pandora.be
Fri Apr 11 08:51:01 EDT 2003

OK, let me explain the situation:

I'm running MDK9.1. I use the Evolution MK-249c²-keyboard, which is
connected to usb and midi-in-port from the livedrive of my
SBlive5.1platinum-card.

I managed to get amSynth to work with the keyboard. Yes, I can play
notes through it and hear sound coming out of my speakers. (After I
connected the keyboard to amSynth in ALSA-PAcht-Bay) And yes, in amSynth
I even can get the midi-controls assigned. (modulation, pan, delay etc.)

What doesn't work is to get any midi-I/O with rosegarden. I launch
rosegarden, select a bank an try to play some notes. Nothing happens.
Even when I don't select a bank (those are the banks from the
soundcard)it doesn't work. Yes, rosegarden knows the keyboard is
connected because it says so.

When I manually edit the notes, and play the track, the VU-meter on the
left is moving, but no sound-output.

How can I get Rosegarden to get the input from my keyboard via amSynth
to get in to the track of rosegarden?
How can I get Rosegarden to produce any sound-output?

Do I need to configure the mididevices in RG to do so? Or do I need to
make some extra connections in ALSA-Patch-Bay? (don't think so, because
when RG launches, it makes the connections automatically from what I
could see in the ALSA-p-b-window...)

I'm really clueless. I can understand you guys don't understand what the
problem is. Therefore I tried over and over again (yes, I've been
pulling my hair already) to get it to work. What's wrong?

PLEASE, could you help me out? I've read almost every faq available, but
stil no result...

I'm a midi-newbie.