[linux-audio-user] external sound card

svz svz at iprimus.com.au
Mon Apr 14 07:10:01 EDT 2003

thanks for a very intersting info! I shall check those out more, meantime, I
am thinking about these two i've digged out on the net:

http://www.winic.com/2178sp.htm
This one is really simple usb<->s/pdif converter - after emailing to
manufacturer (Taiwan) and getting price list they are about $30 for single
purchase plus shipping, etc. - sounds kinda good to me and considering that
it is strictly very simply device - there should not be much issues with
compatibility (manufacturer states that device is full duplex and USB audio
standard compliant)...

the other is from www.waveidea.com
it is called UASC-1 (more expensive), but has all online purchashing
fascilities, etc... don't know which way to go yet - but just thought people
would find it interesting (esp. the first device - appears to be real
cheap... - yeah i know it is gitial only - but that means that it modular
(i.e. can use either high quality AD/DA converters or a cheapish DAT
machines/ minidisc players, etc.))