[linux-audio-user] fluidsynth sound breaks on disk/cpu intense operation

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Mon Apr 14 18:26:01 EDT 2003

Hello!

Well, I finally have fluidsynth running on alsa. The 'not starting'
problem was solved with getting the right version of alsa-lib; the 'no
MIDI input' problem goes away by 'aconnect 64 128' when fluidsynth is
already running.

But, even though I run it as root, fluidsynth's sound still audibly
breaks on a cpu/disk intensive operation - I tested it with starting
OpenOffice and with running sxid.

Is there any way to fix this? And should I try installing Timidity for
such cases? I just want the synth to work in parallel with regular work.

--
Sincerely yours, Mikhail Ramendik