[linux-audio-user] RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface?

Jaakko Prättälä Jaakko.Prattala at Helsinki.FI
Sun Apr 20 06:57:01 EDT 2003

On Sunday 20 April 2003 11:48, Darren Landrum wrote:
> Apologies if this question has been asked before.
>
> I'm looking at finalizing the design for my studio, and I figure that Linux
> + Ardour is looking really good at this point. I also investigated the RME
> line, and found the Multiface, which looks like exactly what I need.
>
> So my question is, has anyone used this card with Linux, and does it work
> well? Thank you for your help.
>
> Regards,
> Darren Landrum

Hi Darren. I don't know about the pci interface
but I've had "some" problems with the cardbus.
In other words, it doesn't work at all on my laptop (hp xe4100).
For the time being I've been running pd on windows <a deep and heavy sigh>.
The worst thing is that I don't know if I have to buy a new laptop or what
(as if I could afford one...), for I haven't yet found out if this is a bug in
the driver or if some part of the kernel just doesn't mix with the hardware.

Anyway it's a great audio interface (and should be for that price).
I get a very low latency running pd with asio drivers on windows xp.
(Did I actually say that? Yechh! :-)

Actually, if someone is successfully using multiface+cardbus,
I'd like to know. Which laptop are you using?