[linux-audio-user] Audacity crashes

Moeflon moeflon at pandora.be
Sun Apr 20 10:50:01 EDT 2003

I have a problem with Audacity.

When trying to master a mixed CD, audacity crashes if I have more than 5
tracks (mp3) open next to eachother. The problem starts (I think) when I
play a section of the last added track. The channel-synchronisation gets
out of sync, leaving me a soundoutput with a couple of miliseconds of
difference between the left and right channel. (Stereo-image seems much
wider) Than the sound starts breaking apart. (missed blocks I think)

After a buggy playback, when I edit something, 9/10 audacity crashes.

This is the output I get:

      Tracks: 4
  Mix length: 1465.880102 sec
Elapsed time: 610.611000 sec
Max number of tracks to mix in real time: 9.602710
      Tracks: 4
  Mix length: 1418.906208 sec
Elapsed time: 413.716000 sec
Max number of tracks to mix in real time: 13.718650
      Tracks: 4
  Mix length: 1419.946667 sec
Elapsed time: 435.531000 sec
Max number of tracks to mix in real time: 13.041062
      Tracks: 4
  Mix length: 1425.408000 sec
Elapsed time: 413.526000 sec
Max number of tracks to mix in real time: 13.787844
      Tracks: 4
  Mix length: 1737.204295 sec
Elapsed time: 481.033000 sec
Max number of tracks to mix in real time: 14.445614
      Tracks: 6
  Mix length: 2670.358939 sec
Elapsed time: 1766.371000 sec
Max number of tracks to mix in real time: 9.070662
Segmentation fault

I'm running Audacity 1.1.3.2. The problem arises both in 44100 &
48000-projects

Anybody experiencing similar problems?

Any sugestions what causes this?