[linux-audio-user] Linux and hardware samplers

James Greenwood jamesg at ukshells.co.uk
Mon Apr 21 06:27:00 EDT 2003

Interesting - basically it sounds like you are able to transfer data
relatively easily because the sampler can read a standard filesystem like
DOS via its SCSI drive.  But it's still a two-stage process because you
have to save files to disk, then import them from disk at the other end.

However all I can currently do is make an image of an entire drive
(i.e. or Zip disk) for backup purposes, because the sampler uses a
non-standard filesystem.

Reading your post gave me an idea though - my sampler has the facility to
import data from Akai an formatted disk on the SCSI drive, so if there is
any Linux software that can save data in this format then maybe I could
import it into the sampler?  Having said that I doubt if there is because
it's another proprietary filesystem, albeit a more standard one.

Does anyone know of Linux software that can save sample data in Akai
format?

I suppose I could consider installing a Windows partition on my PC as
there must be plenty of Windows software that can achieve this :-(

James

James Greenwood | jamesg at ukshells.co.uk

Work is life, and without it there's nothing but fear and insecurity
        -- John Lennon