[linux-audio-user] SB LIve for external MIDI

lanas lanas at t-online.de
Tue Apr 22 01:59:17 EDT 2003

Hi all,

  I'd like to setup my machine so it's possible to use it to do some
musical work using a sequencer/composer and a MIDI keyboard.  I have a
Sound Blaster Live! card, a Yamaha PSR keyboard, and plan to use the
MuSE software package.  The OS is a new Linux system built from scratch
(kernel 2.4.20, XFree 4.3.0, latest qT, GTK+, and hopefully latest ALSA
and needed utilities).  Can I do this kind of musical work with this
setup ?

I'm asking this because at the top of the page of the ALSA support for
the Live! card we can read the following:

"MIDI on SB live drive not working properly."

Does this means that it's not presently possible to use MIDI with a
Live! card and Linux ?

Any suggestions and hints appreciated,

Cheers,

Alain