[linux-audio-user] [OT] any Xemacs users here ?

Michal Seta mis at creazone.32k.org
Tue Apr 22 09:15:02 EDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:37:41 -0700
svz wrote:

> well if people have the right to express their support for something - I
> shall like to execute my right to do the opposite - emacs (x or not) sucks.
> VIM is the way - see the light - use VIM.

If I understand Dave well, he wants to run CommonMusic and Csound.  While there's a vim mode for editing Csound .orc & .sco files, I have not heard of embedded lisp listener available (please correct me if I'm wrong).  CommonMusic comes with with a lisp listener that works with Xemacs (and not plain emacs).  I'm quite sure that if you can hack something like that in vim we'll stop everything else.  BTW, I use both.

Dave, I don't use emacs for Csound but I got CM working from within Xemacs simply by following the installation procedure outlined in: cm-2.4.0/etc/xemacs/listener.el.  Are you having problems with that?  Posting the errors you get might point us in the right direction.  (Actually, the emacs gurus will pointed in the right direction because I have only a few months of more _serious_ use).

SFNBSH (sorry for not being so helpful).

--
	      _
      __  __ (_)___   Michal Seta