[linux-audio-user] MuSE MIDI playback problem

lanas lanas at t-online.de
Tue Apr 22 10:55:11 EDT 2003

Hi all,

  I've installed Alsa (latest) and the MuSE sequencer/composer (also
latest).  I load one of the example songs in MuSE and when I press the
play button nothing happens, nothing moves on the screen and nothing
plays.

  On the other hand, when I move the mouse cursor over the notes in the
piano roll window I can hear the notes on the external MIDI synth, so I
know MIDI works (at least in one way).

  But when I press play the cursor does not move.  I thought this could
have something to do with the kernel low latency option so I installed
the patch (kernel 2.4.20), enabled some options as in the low latency
HOWTO, recompiled, ran lilo, etc...  But now the kernel won't boot.

  So, while I'm restoring the kernel to what it was before, has anyone
had the same problem playing MIDI scores with MuSE on an external MIDI
synth ?  Any suggestions ?

  Sound card is Sound Blaster Live (emu10k1).

Cheers,

Alain