[linux-audio-user] Mandrake 9.1 kernel problem

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Wed Apr 23 04:46:00 EDT 2003

> I went through 6 CDRom drives before I found one that
> would install Mandrake 9.1.

I've also noticed this, especially with the older CD-ROMs. They all work after
install though.

> Are you sure you want 9.1?
> I've upgraded, and it's noticeably slower than 9.0 was.

9.0 doesn't support the Intel motherboard chipset on this board properly - I
get a PCI conflict message on boot and all hdparm options are set to the
slowest. Have you checked your hdparm settings?

I'd also like to try the 9.1 multimedia kernel.

In any case, I'll probably have to upgrade alsa, because for some reason they
have stuck with an rc version.

Cheers

Daniel