[linux-audio-user] Band in a Box

Guy Daniel CLOTILDE guy.clotilde at wanadoo.fr
Wed Apr 23 05:10:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:14:06 +0400
Guy Daniel CLOTILDE <guy.clotilde at wanadoo.fr> wrote / a écrit:

> Anyway I'm gonna try once again Ryth(M)aid and if I succeed I will give news here.

I didn't succeed, but I came across something odd:
When I try to install rythmaid, a new version of tse3 (2.7) was needed. So I typed "urpmi tse3" . All good, but urpmi wants to erase timidity! Why? Is it Mandrake behavior or is it arts that want to erase timidity ? How can two audio progs be so "related" that one needs the other to go? Can someone explain?

On a related topic, I can't believe that the kde developpers ignore alsa and jack. Why is artsd still pushed?

regards
Guy CLO~
#219055 http://counter.li.org