[linux-audio-user] x-11

Brian Redfern bredfern at calarts.edu
Wed Apr 23 15:51:01 EDT 2003

Excatly, I won't get rid of my adrenalinn for that reason, and I emailed
Roger Linn and he would support a linux midi editor to build adrenalinn
patches. He's just a little indie hardware maker so its easy to get
permission from him personally than it is to get it from a giant
corporation like roland. Most manufacturers do give out their midi specs
anyways, so I imagine that it wouldn't be hard to write software to
support the new roland boxes with usb transfer, but since its not '99
anymore I definitely can't afford new midi hardware, and that's why I wind
up putting my energy into csound, they're always creating new opcodes, the
same goes for pd, and you're free to create your own metaphors and
interfaces, you're not stuck with a limited set of parameters where you
wind up making music that sounds the same as every other user of that
piece of gear.

http://www.brianredfern.org