[linux-audio-user] Recording from SB Live Drive

Paul Perkins speaker-to-vegetables at pobox.com
Wed Apr 23 20:46:01 EDT 2003

Yes, I can't believe how ugly the SBLive mixing interface looks in all
the generic ALSA mixer programs. Zillions of cryptically labeled
controls, yuck. You want to make your card stop "capturing" the mix
input, and capture the Live Drive line in. I don't have the Live Drive,
so I capture regular "line". In "gamix", the mixer that has confused me
slightly less than the others, I have to turn "AC 97 Capture" all the
way up, "AC 97 Playback" all the way down, find the box that says just
plain "Capture", set the choice menus in the box to "Line",  make sure
the little box is "on" (dark gray instead of light gray), and adjust the
volume sliders (still in the Capture box) to somewhere in the middle.
But I see there is a separate area for dealing with "Line / LiveDrive
Capture" so to record from there, who knows? Logically you would want to
turn off the Capture thing I use (light gray in the little square below
the volume sliders) and enable the LiveDrive Capture (dark gray in both
little squares above the other volume sliders). Confused? Me too!

--
sigmotto: Liberty is theft.