[linux-audio-user] xmms libcdaudio

Guy Clotilde guy.clotilde at wanadoo.fr
Sat Apr 26 14:17:00 EDT 2003

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 13:23:44 +0200, derek holzer wrote / a écrit:

> should ./usr/lib/xmms/Input/libcdaudio.so point to one of these other
> libraries, or am i not looking at this problem right?

well I far from being the best to answer your question, but I think that the lib you need is the original one in the xmms directory.
"/usr/lib/xmms/Input/libcdaudio.so" shouldn't be linked to "/usr/lib/libcdaudio.so" because nothing says it's the right one for xmms. On my machine, "locate libcdaudio" gives:

	[dany at localhost dany]>>-->locate libcdaudio
	/usr/lib/xmms/Input/libcdaudio.la
	/usr/lib/xmms/Input/libcdaudio.so
	[dany at localhost dany]>>-->

So the ones needed are the ones there.
On my machine "rpm -qa xmms" answers:

	xmms-1.2.7-13.p

Have you tried grip to play your cds? It should work well, and if it does, you'll be sure it's not a hardware problem.
alsaplayer O.99.74 too will play your audio cds digitally, allowing visual effects on music (although you can find a similar plugin for xmms).

Guy CLO~
#ICQ 37736372
#219055 http://counter.li.org