[linux-audio-user] ICE1712 & Quake?

John Bleichert syborg at stny.rr.com
Mon Apr 28 11:34:01 EDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Paul Winkler wrote:
> Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ICE1712 & Quake?
>
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 10:06:15AM -0400, John Bleichert wrote:
> > All my games run fine using the OSS emulation with my Delta 44 (Unreal
> > 2003, Neverwinter Nights, loki games). Is there a problem with OSS
> > emulation on the Delta 66?
>
> not usually.
> what version of alsa do you have?

I *think* 0.9.1, it's a recent download/build. I'm not in front of that PC
right now and it's not turned on so I can't get the version info for you.

Using the OSS emulation, I pump all my game sounds out the Delta to my
mixer and then to my monitors. Always need to fire up envy24control and
move the D/A faders to 100%, then everything works great. Also be sure to
map the PCMs to the appropriate hardware outputs.

HTH - JB

John Bleichert   syborg at stny.rr.com
              http://vonbek.dhs.org