[linux-audio-user] External Sound Card

Rajdeep Pradhan pradsu at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 28 14:58:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am looking for an external sound capturing device for my laptop.
All I need is one stereo recording interface, which my laptop does not
provide.
On searching the archive, I have shortlisted a few options:
1. MAudio MobilePre - 149$
2. MAudio Audiophile - 199$
3. Edirol UA20 - 169$
4. Edirol UA3D - 169$

The microphones I intend to use does require preamp. I guess its better to
provide preamp with external battery pack rather than the bus powered boxes
to minimise self noise. Please help me choose the best!

Thanks a lot for your time.

Rajdeep