[linux-audio-user] No CD audio!

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Tue Apr 29 04:22:01 EDT 2003

> Can
> you remember how you went about accessing the signal from the IDE cable?

With the AudioCD Reader plugin for xmms. If you go to Configure - Output there
is the option Read Digital CD Audio. I think some people have had problems
with this plugin recently though.

I reckon the internal digital audio cable is probably the best way to go. I
can't think why you would want to play (as opposed to rip) audio through the
IDE cable unless you wanted to pass the CD data by the OS for DRM purposes.
That's my conspiracy theory, at least...

Cheers

Daniel