[linux-audio-user] xruns vs. disk activity

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Apr 30 17:47:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 09:04:18PM +0100, rob fell wrote:
> Luckily, Mark Knecht's mail reminded me that I had never got the latency test
> program working - so I persevered, and got results (which can be found here
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.fell/ ).
>
> If I understand the output (and Mark's email) correctly I probably do have a
> lousy soundcard,

to me it looks like those results are really good.
you got no overruns at all.

what we really need is to get latencytest to be a jack client so we
can see if jack makes latency worse. it should not, but some people
have reported that it does.  i haven't seen any real data.

--

Paul Winkler
home:  http://www.slinkp.com