[linux-audio-user] Wine, JACK and audio from Windows apps

Rob lau at kudla.org
Mon Aug 4 15:12:00 EDT 2003

On Monday 04 August 2003 10:41, Michal Seta wrote:
> Buzz is a different kind of a beast.  There's a yahoo mailing list called
> something like exoperimental-music-with-buzz where people discuss different
> things and upload their examples to the list's fileserver.  You can learn
> from that, too.

The Buzz-Buzz Yahoo group is a great resource for would-be Buzz users, as well
as people who like tracker music in general.  However, it's like a point of
pride to not use samples in your Buzz tune, using instead the various Buzz
synthesis modules to generate your sounds, so the culture is a little
different than the tracker world at large.

Someone was working on a Buzz clone for Linux called GNU Octa-something, can't
remember it right now nor can I find it, but it stalled a year and a half ago
and I haven't heard anything about it since.

What might be really cool would be a Wine/Jack applet that just wrapped Buzz
modules ;)  I seem to remember a similar wrapper for VST effects but don't
know what became of it.

Rob