[linux-audio-user] vumeters when you're recording sound

Kai Vehmanen kai.vehmanen at wakkanet.fi
Thu Aug 7 06:02:00 EDT 2003

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, juto aviten wrote:

> I would like to ask you is there an application where i could use
> vumeters while I'm making a recording.

ecasignalview /dev/dsp foo.wav

... ecasignalview is part of the ecasound package (www.eca.cx/ecasound).
Alternatively, if you want to GUI app, ecamegapedal provides you with
vumeters (www.eca.cx/ecamegapedal). You use it just like ecasignalview:

ecamegapedal /dev/dsp foo.wav

In addition to providing vu-meters, both apps provide very reliable
disk and audio i/o functionality for recording. Both apps also work with
ALSA (replace /dev/dsp with 'alsa,default), JACK (replace with
'jack_alsa') and aRts (replace with 'arts').

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!