[linux-audio-user] [OT] Hardware: how many I/O channels are best?

Lee Azzarello lee at fallingforward.net
Sun Aug 10 16:28:00 EDT 2003

I guess the question is how many tracks will you ever need to record at
once in realtime? i.e. you have 8 mics, a synthesizer, a DI box or
two...what else? Of course I can't make this decision for you, but how
large will your "project studio" projects be? 10 piece salsa band? 3 piece
rock combo? Jazz quartet? But in the end, the only use for many physical
inputs with a digital system is the ability to record to many tracks in
realtime. After that it's just overdubs and post.

-l[e^2]
http://www.fallingforward.net/
people experimenting with music, art and technology