[linux-audio-user] vumeters when you're recording sound

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Thu Aug 14 06:45:00 EDT 2003

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 06:37:31 -0700
"Mark Knecht" <mknecht at controlnet.com> wrote:

> > I would like to ask you is there an application where i could use
> > vumeters while I'm making a recording.
>
> If you are using jack, then meterbridge is what you want.
>
> If you are not using jack, you should consider switching since meterbridge
> is what you want.

 Snd has all sorts of options
 http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/snd/snd.html

 If you can get them to work with your setup there are all kinds of vst
 meters.

 There's this... tho' I don't know if it's what you're looking for:
 http://hasas.sourceforge.net/software.html

 This may be overkill:
 http://www.cf.ac.uk/psych/CullingJ/pipewave.html

 JMax must have something
 http://freesoftware.ircam.fr/index.php3

 Same with PD
 http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/

 This looks cool as hell:
 http://www.baudline.com/

 This looks excellent:
 http://www.etcsk.com/linux/

 And this:
 http://xoscope.sourceforge.net/

 Galan has a scope:
 http://galan.sourceforge.net/

 This is really nifty
 http://extace.sourceforge.net/

 http://exef.xko.cz

 http://www.hyperreal.org/~est/oolaboola/

 And... of course, there's this:
 http://www.logarithmic.net/pfh/Synaesthesia

 If you want to spend a little extra cash there's these:
 {And I founf bunches of places that sell themused whilst searching for these}
 http://www.icewalkers.com/opd/Business/Electronics_and_Electrical/Test_and_Measurement/Oscilloscopes/

 If you take a quick look in the sound sections of deslect there's
 all sorts of stuff listed for windowmaker XMMS, etc...