[linux-audio-user] New To List

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed Aug 20 12:09:08 EDT 2003

> > Linux
> > developers are generally unpaid
>
> It's fair to say that Linux *audio* developers aren't generally paid
> to work on their audio applications, but that doesn't mean they
> aren't professional developers of course.

A fair, but fine, distinction. Point taken. I think you would agree that as
they are not paid to develop this specific group of applications we users
basically take what we get when it's given.

Please don't take me wrong. If you knew how many requests we Pro Tools users
have made of the paid DigiDesign programming staff, and how few had been
filled, you would understand that my comments are maybe not quite as
negative as you might have taken them. ;-)

> > and things don't move as fast as
> > the $$$ world.
>
> I think that depends what you're comparing it to. Cubase has a very
> long head start!

Like I said - I'm here - I keep my eyes open to what's available - and I try
to use the stuff that works best for me.