[linux-audio-user] Help neede with ardour

mawali at news.icns.com mawali at news.icns.com
Wed Aug 20 15:42:00 EDT 2003

Hi
Sorry for not posting to ardour list, but I know all of them are here too.
I am trying to make my son use ardour for his recording and mixing. I have
no prior experience in anything like this, I have always used ecasound for
all my previous needs, but it may be too much for a kid.

1) Is there any walkthrough besides what is on the website.

2) I cannot record on more than 2 tracks, so what I do is start, then I
create new session, add a mono track record it. Then I add another
mono track and then record it. So now I have 2 tracks, once I add another
track I cannot record the third track (the small "r" button would not
press). Am I doing it the wrong way??

3) I am using "Ardour/GTK 0.377.1 running with libardour 0.685.0" from
CCRMA on linux-2.4.21 with low latency patch and "jackd 0.75.0" with Alsa
0.9.4. Is there a stability problem with this combination because after
some use it stops working, after which it would not play or record a track
anymore. Using scrub completely messes it up.

Regards.