[linux-audio-user] how to invest sensible to get more stability for JACK

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Wed Aug 20 23:29:01 EDT 2003

Hartmut Z Noack wrote:

> I think about
>  wether i buy another IDE-HD and spread the installation on 2 disks to
> get more bandwith

This is the most sensible option IMO.

You will always get xruns if you are recording to the same drive as your
  OS. Even the same ide cable can cause problems. It's best to have two
disks hda (OS) and hdc (recording).

IDE disks are much larger and cheaper than scsi and these days can
handle all the bandwidth for serious multitrack recording.

--

Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No!
We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything
I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
The Scotsman