[linux-audio-user] Help neede with ardour

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Thu Aug 21 06:20:01 EDT 2003

> I think ardour has moch more potential
> than anything out there.

This may be true, but at the moment it's mostly potentially rather
than actually useful for the new user. Audacity is deep once you get
into it, too - especially version 1.2.0-pre1. It works on both
levels.

> I also have audio professionals that would
> help me figure it out.

They probably won't be able to give you much help with Ardour, unless
they've been using it already.

> I usually do not let my kids touch anything
> that is easy to use (good brain excersice).

That's perverse - the brain excersize should be in making the music,
not the basic operation of the tools!

Cheers

Daniel