[linux-audio-user] how to invest sensible to get more stability for JACK

Lee Azzarello lee at fallingforward.net
Fri Aug 22 01:23:01 EDT 2003

I'm running KDE under Gentoo and I've only had problems with one program
and jack xruns: Swami and FluidSynth running a 119MB drum set patch. It
began to produce so many xruns I could hit a crash cymbal without
droupouts. But whatever, the developers say it's beta software. On the
other hand I've run Rosegarden triggering Hydrogen, Zynaddsubfx and a MIDI
synth with no droupouts and came up with a good tune, recorded it in
Audacity. So it's workig out well. Swami and fluidsynth will be grand in
due time...

Also, I'm using jacko.py, a python script that gives a nice GUI to the
jack server. It's been great, along with QTjackconnect and ALSA patch bay.
This whole collection of windows take up a desktop, so I'm thinking of
trying to put them into one interface...like a "start audio system" GUI.

-l[e^2]
http://www.fallingforward.net/
people experimenting with music, art and technology