[linux-audio-user] Red Hat 9.0 is installed!

RTaylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Fri Aug 22 08:32:01 EDT 2003

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:13:21 +0200
Ismael Valladolid Torres <ismael at sambara.org> wrote:

> El viernes, 22 de agosto de 2003, a las 12:19, Chris Share escribe:
> > It correctly detected my video card and monitor, something that
> > Debian couldn't do.
>
> It's not that the Debian installer can't detect your video card. It
> simply does not try to.

 I've not had a problem with it in the past few years.
 {2 nvidia cards, a matrox 450, an ati radeon 7200 and
  2 different 3dfx ~300s {one with tv in, one without}}

 I have had problems with modelines and this "frigging"
 monitor. {No problems whatsoever with my lcd.}

 I didn't have problem 1 with RH9 {once I set my
 CMOS back to the defaults. It even identified the
 monitor {Which is something I couldn't do}}

 {'Course, I already have all the settings for Debian
  saved... It's just a matter of copying the config
  files.}