[linux-audio-user] Invert And Mix

Len Moskowitz vze24hrw at verizon.net
Sun Aug 24 01:14:01 EDT 2003

I'm making copies of a sound file and I want to confirm by sight and sound
that the original and the copy are bit-for-bit accurate.

Are there any Linux audio applications that would allow me to invert a WAV
file and sum it (mix it) with another file and then display the resulting
waveform?  If they're identical I'd get a flat line (the two would sum to
silence); if not I'd hear see and hear noise.  With a graphic display I'd
also be able to see if there are any patterns to the errors.

Thanks!

Len Moskowitz