[linux-audio-user] digital i/o

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Sun Aug 24 12:40:02 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 07:15, luis jure wrote:
> hello friends,
>
> i'm searching for a card with just digital i/o to connect to an external
> converter. budget is critical. one possibility we've thought of is the
> dio2448, but i've seen also the edirol UA-1D USB:
>
> http://www.edirol.com/products/info/ua1d.html
>
> i couldn't find it in the list supported by alsa, but perhaps it's because
> it's still new. any comments on this? any other suggestion in that price
> range?
>
> thank you.

Luis,
   I can highly recommend the Hammerfall Light. (Digi9636) I found one
on Ebay this morning. They are a bit expensive, but the driver under
Alsa is quite good from what I Can tell. I use it in one of my machines.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2551817746&category=41787

You wouldn't face many issues in terms of Alsa support vs. other
solutions that are not as tested.

Cheers,
MArk