[linux-audio-user] MusE: Jack or Alsa

Austin aacton at yorku.ca
Sun Aug 24 20:21:00 EDT 2003

On 08/24/03 19:48:13, LinuxMedia wrote:
> needs to do (it goes on and on)... I have settled on Muse, ecasound/tkeca,
> Timidity and no Jack (for now, but this list is educating Me for the future
> Jack use).
>
> Please let Me know if I'm on the mark or not. With Muse's capability to

I'm currently using a similar but different setup:
Muse, fluidsynth, audacity, no jack

Works like a charm whenever I can get audacity to cooperate with my Quattro.

Timidity is nice for rendering MIDI, but I've found it to have too much
latency for live softsynth use.

Austin

--
                         Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
              Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant