[linux-audio-user] M-Audio Quattro

Chris Butt chris.butt at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 26 06:49:10 EDT 2003

Hello,
    Another user struggling with his Quattro here.
I've tried it on three computers with Mandrake 9.1 and then again with
9.2beta2 on one and whenever I plug it in / turn it on it crashes the
machine.
If I leave it plugged into the computer when I boot, it gets so far and
then says

[<e08b56a4>] snd_hack_usb_set_interface+0x14/0x20 [snd-usb-audio]

about fourteen times,
followed by

Code: 8b 02 85 c0 74 06 8b 02 74 06 81 c1 00 08 00 00 8b 52
 <0>Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
In interrupt handler - not syncing.

Then the lights on the keyboard flash very prettily and the pc won't do
anything else.

I've tried blacklisting audio usbaudio and usb-midi (because they should
start with snd- if they're alsa, right?) and it still crashes.

I'm going to try and see if I can install a newer version of alsa, but i
was also wondering if there was anything else I could do / look for or
if anyone else was having the same problem.

Incidentally, on the same machine, knoppix 3.2 reports
Soundcard: M Audio USB Audio Quattro driver=audio (so not alsa?)

Any help appreciated
Chris Butt.