[linux-audio-user] Re: Small Problem with Alsaplayer

tim tim at orford.org
Wed Aug 27 10:40:14 EDT 2003

> > I noticed the same thing the other day.  Is this a problem that
> > was not present in previous versions of alsaplayer?
> >

> I don't know. I was without an audio card in Linux for many months, so I
> just couldn't say.

a quick check on the alsaplayer-devel list indicates that
the cdda plugin may have changed from reading the disk as one track
to reading separate tracks, perhaps in Dec02.

i dont like playing from optical disks, but i get the
same thing with ogg and flac files also. I try and think of
it as a track announcement feature :-)

cheers
--
Tim Orford