[linux-audio-user] Record from PCM source

Alexandre Dery guegue at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 31 21:35:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I know my way around my linux box (kernel compiles et all), and I'm inches
away from dumping windows completly. Still I've got problems with sound
recording on linux.

I need help trying to record from Windows Media ASF streams on the net. I
currently use MPlayer to play those streams, and it plays just fine.

I tried to record from it. I'm using KDE so I fired up KMix and found that
MPlayer plays through the PCM device (that's what KMix calls it). But I
can't set PCM as a recording device, so I can't record from it. And since
MPlayer doesn't play through the KDE sound daemon, can't use that stuff
either...

So how should I go about this ?

Thanks,

Alex...