[linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted

Joerg Anders j.anders at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Dec 1 04:15:57 EST 2003

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 davidrclark at earthlink.net wrote:

> >The bug is well know by the driver developers. Please have a look at
>
> In this posting, assuming that I found the correct place --- had to go
> there indirectly --- there is no mention of the cause of the problem.  The
> description "well know(n)" appears to be overstatement.  The testing
> conditions were not specified, etc.  So there is no way for any reader
> to conclude that this is due to drivers rather than sequencer.

I cite from

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Creative+Labs&card=Soundblaster+Audigy+Platinum&chip=Audigy&module=emu10k1

  "Known bugs:
    - MIDI on SB live drive not working properly.
    - wavetable drops notes sometimes. (a good test example wanted.)

> Again,  I have never had a problem with pmidi and external synths.  No

> So I find the emu10k1 drivers to be fine for me so far.

Have a look at:

   http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/DROP/gap.html

There you'll find a MIDI file which always causes this error.

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)