[linux-audio-user] ALSA: What is the website missing?

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Mon Dec 1 08:32:03 EST 2003

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:06:50 +0900
Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:

> As some of you already know I am the occasional webmaster/docs
> maintainer for ALSA.
>
> I have been planning some additions to the site to make it more
> accessible but before I jump into anything that could be considered a
> facelift I would like to get some opinions from y'all.
>
> Can you tell me what things you would like to have on the website that
>
> are not already there? What things have you noticed while using it
> that are not user friendly?
>
> I would like to add a database for some kind of card rating system.
>
> What would you consider valuable things to rate a card against?
>
> All opinions will be considered so don't hold back ;-]

I was astonished to see, that the website is not generated automagically
[i saw patches to the soundcard matrix, etc..]. I don't know much about
content management systems, etc, but i wonder if this wouldn't save
great hassles in the future..

Flo

--
music: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/florianschmidt.htm