[linux-audio-user] ALSA: What is the website missing?

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Mon Dec 1 11:10:11 EST 2003

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 00:42:56 +0900
Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:

> Florian Schmidt wrote:
> >

> > I was astonished to see, that the website is not generated
> > automagically[i saw patches to the soundcard matrix, etc..]. I don't
> > know much about content management systems, etc, but i wonder if
> > this wouldn't save great hassles in the future..
> >

> Yes I have been thinking about it today too. The main thing is someone
>
> has to roll up their sleeves. However I don't think it will be too
> much work. I'm trying to decide if it should be a simple text based
> form or a mysql database. Obviously the latter is more work but will
> be much faster (if it matters).

Hmm, i thought of something simpler.. For example, each driver source
file could have a special section that contains the necessary infos for
the card matrix. Then a script to get the info from the source files and
puts it together to a html page would be enough.. This is only one
example, of course..  An sql database is probably overkill. We have
really static data here [after it's once generated]. Updates could then
be done like once a week or even daily which comes down to just running
a script that grabs the source from cvs and does its thing..

I don't know how easy this would be to create the rest of the docs but
some parts of it are already automated, like the api doc creation,
etc...

Flo

--
music: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/florianschmidt.htm