[linux-audio-user] ALSA: What is the website missing?

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Mon Dec 1 17:53:34 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 14:36, Reuben Martin wrote:
> There is currently some documentation on the different pcm plugins, but what I haven't found is a very good reference on the correct syntax to be used within asoundrc. For instance, should lines be terminated by a semicolon? I've seen esxamples with and without and both seem to work. Are there limitations to when OOP notation can be used? These are just a few questions I have, I'm sure other people have some as well.
>
> regards
> -Reuben

Yes! Very important stuff that I cannot figure out. I've tried all kinds
of things in my .asoundrc file over the last year and none of them have
ever produced the results I hoped for. I think there's supposed to be a
lot of power there, but I Cannot harness it.

Even just a bunch of simple examples as test cases would be really
helpful.

Thanks,
Mark