[linux-audio-user] ALSA: What is the website missing?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Dec 2 12:54:35 EST 2003

Tim Orford wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 10:06:50PM +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>>[...]
>>All opinions will be considered so don't hold back ;-]
>>

> its good you are doing this Patrick - thanks...
>
> some suggestions re the 'soundcard details' pages:

I'm working on these useful comments now.

Just one thing.

> 'quick install': is it true to say that this is irrelevant to
> 90% of people? As a mandrake and gentoo user, i have no intention
> of ever going through the described process. Perhaps more of an
> overview of installation would be beneficial, with as much distro
> specific info as poss. Consider moving the compiling from tarball
> instructions to a separate page.

This has been mentioned before. It would be really nice to have clear
and informative writeups for every distro. Unfortunately I run an almost
LFS system so I have very little current knowledge of the various
methods which the multitude of distros use to setup ALSA.

However I will make a very explicit note that we want users to
contribute guides or links for the howtos available and provide a space
for them.

If anyone has links now that I can add please send them. (Think: Free
advertising for your favorite distro).

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

  Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke
discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets
disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street.
Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before
the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International
Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO
Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM