[linux-audio-user] Re: ALSA: What is the website missing?

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Wed Dec 3 07:52:55 EST 2003

Thomas Charbonnel wrote:

> I vote for this too, and also to remove outdated comments about sr >
> 48000 Hz being unsupported.

Agreed. According to Peter Todd, in the Linux Journal, 96 kHz is
possible by switching to Double Speed mode:

from:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7024&mode=thread&order=0

> Switching between SingleSpeed and DoubleSpeed Mode—Using 96kHz
>
> As mentioned above, all software using the HDSP must be closed before switching between SingleSpeed and DoubleSpeed mode. But normally,
software sets the sample rate. So what now? Well, there is a setting
related to the AutoSync functionality (more on that later) that can do
the job, Sample Clock Source. I won't explain exactly how it works just
yet, but basically, by setting the internal clock to different
frequencies, the card automatically switches modes. For instance, to
switch to DoubleSpeed mode run: