[linux-audio-user] Rewrite sfxload for native ALSA

Rocco linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Thu Dec 4 12:37:34 EST 2003

> <timidity rant>I really don't understand the fuzz about timidity, I tried it
> (again) a while ago, it may be true that it has good sound quality... though
> noone knows for sure since it's impossible to set up ;) (a bit sarcastic, but
> there is some truth to it).
> Needles to say, I failed to set it up to do anything... anything at all. </>
> With Fluidsynth there are several nice guis to choose from that improves
> usability no-end...

> My 2 cents
> /Robert
Sounds like You have something that works for You. But just in case You
want to try Timidity, this is how I have it set up...

timidity -iA -B2,8 -Os -EFreverb=0 -p 256 -s 48000

I'm sure there were many benifits that convinced Me to use Timidity, but
I've forgot what they were. But one that comes to mind is the ability to
convert a .mid to a .wav.

Rocco