[linux-audio-user] License free Linux ??

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Thu Dec 4 17:58:36 EST 2003

> Yeah, in this case notifying Ebay is appropriate because he's re-branding
> and only distributing binaries, so he's breaking audcity's GPL

I haven't looked closely enough, but do we KNOW he's only distributing
binaries?

I'm a bit surprised at the idea that it isn't breaking the licenses to
rebrand, unless you add significant original content. Just changing the name
Ardour to Mark's Magnificent DAW Engine seems like quite a bogus thing to do
to make money. The only thing that's mine is the name.

This whole thing is pretty amazingly blatant, isn't it? It's like warez gone
public for the 'good' of humanity...