[linux-audio-user] License free Linux ??

Anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 07:19:32 EST 2003

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 01:51:33AM -0500, lee at fallingforward.net wrote:

> Actually no, he 100% entitled to sell CD of Audacity labled as such as
> long as he provides the source code. I think the GPL makes that very
> clear. But it doesn't seem like a good business plan to sell a CD of
> something that can be downloaded even on a modem in a reasonable amount of
> time.

You over-estimate the typical Windows user's technical self-confidence.
Putting a CD in the drive, figuring out how to find the icon for it and
double clicking on "SETUP.EXE" is adventurous enough to break out a cold
sweat for many.

Anyway he's selling other packages like Open Office, which I certainly
wouldn't want to download here (IDSN) and the Gimp which is also fairly
sizeable.

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk