[linux-audio-user] voice note recorder

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at rfa.org
Fri Dec 5 14:29:53 EST 2003

you might be able to do this with ecasound's noise gate:

-enm:threshold-level-%,pre-hold-time-msec,attack-time-msec,post-hold-time-msec,release-time-msec

Noise gate. Supports multichannel processing (each channel processed
separately). When signal amplitude falls below 'threshold_level_%'
percent (100% means maximum amplitude), gate is activated. If the signal
stays below the threshold for 'th_time' ms, it's faded out during the
attack phase of 'attack' ms. If the signal raises above the
'threshold_level' and stays there over 'hold' ms the gate is released
during 'release' ms.

http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/Documentation/ecasound_manpage.html

-Eric Rz.