[linux-audio-user] Re: tapiir

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Dec 8 18:17:29 EST 2003

> Quoting Maarten De Boer <mdeboer at iua.upf.es>:
> > > I think espcially OSC would be *very* interesting for Tapiir,
> > > considering how easy it may become to use Linux sound apps under Mac OS
> > > X in the future.
> >
> > I am not familiar with OSC. netsend might be easier. What kind of input
> > does it take?
>
> Netsend and netreceive are paired objects in PD, usually used for connecting
> remote machines, and capable of transporting TCP or UDP messages. Netsend takes
> an message of "connect hostname portnumber", which I suppose could be made a
> localhost and a port in Tapiir.
>
> I still think it would be worthwhile to use OSC, as it is a wider-used format,
> allowing communications with many more apps than PD. But it could [not sure
> here] be a bit more work.

It would be great if the solution is not specific to Pd (nothing against
a Pd solution as well, of course). I can think of other programs that
could benefit from "remote control" of presets (hint: freqtweak!).

-- Fernando