[linux-audio-user] more specifics

Kevin Ryan airplays55 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 00:22:09 EST 2003

Ok I need to give more specifics with my question...

I am using Knoppix 3.3, with an ALS-100 soundcard.
Knoppix autoconfigures the soundcard so I have no idea
if the soundcard is using ALSA or OSS drivers.

I tried running the Rosegarden sequencer, but its
midiport was set up as /dev/null so it apparently
didn't locate the midiport.  I am pretty sure the
midiport has been autoconfigured, so how do I find
what device (/dev/????) to set the midi port to?

thanks!