[linux-audio-user] Re: Is the Linux desktop really here ?

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Tue Dec 9 05:24:19 EST 2003

At the risk of distending this rather OT thread (sorry Jorn) and being
slightly pedantic :-]

On Monday 08 December 2003 14:48, John Bleichert wrote:
> Kids games are the stumbling block. I have some friends who very much want
> to try linux (or any other non-MS opsys, they don't care) and the kids
> games are always the blocker. One of my friends actually sprung for
> Win4Lin - I set it up for him, and the kids play their games in a window.
> Works well.

You mean 3d action games, surely? My computer is chock-full of 'Kid's' games,
I've never seen so many, quite enough to keep my nine-year old distracted for
quite some time. However, he does want to know when he'll be able to play
Tomb Raider & such on my box. My answer for that is that once I get a decent
video card we'll be able to play something rather more exciting than that
like UT. At the moment he thinks tdfsb is pretty cool. YMMV I guess :-]

cheers

tim hall