[linux-audio-user] USB, what's the story? (was: Firewire, what's the story?)

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Tue Dec 9 13:40:44 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 09:49, Ryan wrote:

> Is this fixed-time vs. fixed-size usb issue addressed in the 2.6 kernel
> (or is it alsa or is it something else)?

It's the USB spec, I believe. USB and 1394 are quite different.

> Just curious where the "heart" of the issue is and what kind of time
> line we are looking at.

>From my experience, until a Alsa developer chooses to buy one (or gets
one on loan) of these and do the work it's a long way off. I have not
heard that anyone has asked the manufacturer. There was some discussion
about the Presonus devices 6-8 months ago, IIRC, but I never heard that
anyone took the leap...