[linux-audio-user] Cooledit substitutes?

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sat Dec 13 22:50:35 EST 2003

Inspired by this thread, I did a quick lookup of Audacity,
and it appears that there is no Jack support.

Anyone? Is this right?

I realize that the developer seems to be working in a Microsoft environment -
hence Jack support isnt' a big priority. However, I suppose we should be
thankfull that this thing runs in Linux at all - I don't remember off-hand
what GUI Audacity uses, but I'm thankfull at least that portability to Linux
was kept in mind.

Nevertheless - until it has Jack support I'm not going to bother with it.
Sorry.

Larry