[linux-audio-user] Capturing/Recording streaming audio

Rob lau at kudla.org
Sun Dec 14 22:21:50 EST 2003

On Sunday 14 December 2003 20:49, roger wrote:
> An example is "Premiere Radio Networks" -- which appears to
> simply use windows media player or real audio streams.

I've had good luck with mplayer for WMP streams and inconsistent
luck with it for RA streams.  But I was also converting to WAV
(or avi in the case of some windows media streams.)

If I want to save a WMA/ASF stream in its original compressed
form, I use asfrecorder, which is quite old but I have a package
or two of a recent version on my website for mandrake RPM's.

I haven't tried to do this since last spring, so maybe there's
something newer/more convenient out there now.

Rob